Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another agent trying to steal a client/sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another agent trying to steal a client/sale

Hi there,
    Hoping i can get some advice. I work for an estate agents and have been for 4 years. We have a property on the market where we showed a gentleman round the house 2 times in the space of 3 or so months but never committed to it. Then our vendor decided to go multi agency. A week later we show that gentleman around the same property again (for a 3rd time). A week later we find out he has had an offer accepted through the other agents who sneakily showed him round a few days prior. Am i correct in thinking they are comletely in the wrong and we are entitled to a fee.

Thank you

Re: Another agent trying to steal a client/sale

Presumably the vendor has signed your agency contract, what conditions do you have in place in the contract to cover this situation?

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by IFA View Post
      Presumably the vendor has signed your agency contract, what conditions do you have in place in the contract to cover this situation?
      Hi. Yes the vendors have signed our terms and conditions (contract). Its a basic contract which states that if we introduce a buyer, we are entitled to a fee. Also under the multiple agency part, it states the vendor will be liable for costs if the property exchanged when a buyer was introduced by us.

Comment

Thats just naughty, do you think the buyer knew exactly the problem they were causing?
        Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
        Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

I know. I think the vendor, other agent and buyer knew exactly what they were doing. Not fair at all to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ginor9 View Post
            Hi. Yes the vendors have signed our terms and conditions (contract). Its a basic contract which states that if we introduce a buyer, we are entitled to a fee. Also under the multiple agency part, it states the vendor will be liable for costs if the property exchanged when a buyer was introduced by us.
            I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your problem is. Surely it is indisputable that you introduced the buyer during your term as sole agents isn't it?

No offence but I'm also more than a little surprised that an EA with 4 years experience finds it necessary to pose this question on a forum

Comment

Totally not fair, but unless it's in the contract that the agents will split the fee's on purchase of the property I fear there is nothing they can do.
              Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

Working...
              X