Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EA Code of conduct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Code of conduct

I have just bought a repossession but I had no end of problems with the EA. Is there anywhere I can go that can make the EA's prove they followed a code of conduct?

My main concern is ghost bids they have told me about, ie 'we have had a higher offer, do you want to increase your bid?' Yet my solicitor was never notified of this higher offer. It happened on 2 occassions and I was actually close to increasing my offer to prevent me losing out on survey and solicitors fees.

Another point, they wouldnt tell me originally what offeres they had received and I added 5k to my original asking price to then guarentee the house. Am I correct in saying that the highest offer will be published in the local paper with a repo, thus telling me that way anyway?

Thanks for any help,
    Ian

Re: EA Code of conduct

have you tried the NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents) or are they tied in with a solicitors firm? if they are independent they should by law be a member of an ombudsman scheme. they may be able to push the EA into giving you the details. i've heard of this going on to push up commissions.

Comment

Working...
    X