Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pike Smith and Kemp - The worst!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike Smith and Kemp - The worst!

Hello,

I just wanted to make everyone on here aware of the terrible experience I had with Pike Smith & Kemp, so you can beware for future - and maybe get some advise from you!

I moved into a flat at the end of December, was newly developed all redone - lovely! Firstly one of the agreements of moving was that the extractor fan was replaced as it was sooo loud, and went on for much longer than normal. This wasn't done, when I phones after Christmas to ask why it hadn't I was told it wouldn't be done for another month.

Then the dishwasher didn't work, they gave keys to my flat to a builder working in the building to sort the problem. He went in my flat so many times with our notice, I would go home and just notice things had moved - against the contract and made me feel very uneasy knowing some one could always have access to my home! I was told he was just trying his best to sort it, it took over 3 weeks for him to "sort it" now 2 months down the line doesn't work again!

They also decided after I'd been there a month, they wanted to replace the boiler and shower & have to re-tile part of the bathroom. Hassle that was not needed, it was agreed the shower wouldn't be replaced. Yet I got home, to find a hole in my ceiling, and two copper pipes hanging down - very angry obviously I called the estate agent, they told me the would not put it back to the way it was - but I could leave it or leave the flat!

4 weeks later getting no where, speaking to a manager there Jo Cox - so was unbelievably rude to me and refused to do the work, she offered to paint the pipes, but even that wasn't done. I ended up having to give my notice to leave early! Now they want me to professionally clean the flat, which I have been in 2 months (im clean anyway!) and pay £80.00 for a check out!

The worst estate agent ever I think, Jo Cox the worse person ever! I'm a customer service manager and I would never dream of talking to some one how she spoke to me!

Any advise, I'm disputing the charge with TDS ...

Re: Pike Smith and Kemp - The worst!

Can I suggest that you copy and paste your post in the Solicitors and Legal section

Comment

Looks as though someone tried to post an apparently fake positive testimonial about the company, so I've removed that.

Comment

.... and in the process bumped up this negative post from 18 months ago and put it back to the top of the forum listings.

Smart move!

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X