Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenant credit checks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant credit checks

Hi,

I'm looking for some information on how much it costs a well established estate agent to get a credit check done on a prospective tenant. The reason being is that my flatmates and I are seeking a reimbursement of the original agency fee minus any obligatory 3rd party fees, such as the credit check. I have read a few forums and browsed a number of services already but I am still in the dark as to how much it actually costs.

Re: Tenant credit checks

It all depends on what sort of check is done as there are various levels. When you first signed for the property were you not given a breakdown of the cost as agents usually charge between £25 and £50 per person for credit/referencing...why not just deduct what you paid for this?
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

They never gave us a breakdown of the actual costs but the overall agency fee was £100. That's probably why they didn't give us a breakdown as it is clear that they have taken a large proportion as profit. We need to find out exactly how much they paid for the check but I can't think of a way in which to do that other them ask them, which is not going to be easy.

Comment

dont you have to get the tennents permision first?
        Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
        Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

or a may be wrong in thinking that?
          Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
          Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

Working...
          X