Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unprofessional Estate Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unprofessional Estate Agents

I would like to draw to the forum's attention the unprofessional practices of the estate agents/lettings agent: Watford Estates (in Watford). For when Watford Estates issue a paper receipt, which I am given monthly when I pay my rent, they do not keep a copy for themselves, which seems unusual and unprofessional to me - and this has caused problems in the past. As even when I had gone into Watford Estates in person and got a receipt to prove I had paid next month's rent I was still telephoned by a staff member on a Friday afternoon telling me that '… they were disappointed to notice that I had not paid my rent…'. This really stressed me out because although I was sure that I had paid my rent I could not find the receipt, as I had left it in a jacket at work. So I spent the weekend worrying about it all and at one point thought that I was losing my faculties - all because of the unprofessional nature of Watford Estates!
    What I also think is unprofessional about Watford Estates is the way that they make tenants feel uncomfortable when they raise legitimate concerns about the property or other tenants living in the same block of flats. For when I raised my concerns about the repeated anti-social behaviour of other tenants, I was told by Watford Estates '...you do not seem happy with different aspects of the property may be you would prefer to give notice and find something more suitable for you...'. And, this is despite being a decent and very considerate tenant for more than 9 years. In other words, Watford Estates would rather get rid of me then enact the paper work that would be involved to bring the anti-social/tenancy-breaking tenants into line - how unprofessional -as I had never ever been anti-social - but am treated like some sort of Machiavellian type by Watford Estates, which in my opinion is disgusting. Therefore I am warning the forum to treat Watford Estates with caution (ideally, I would suggest with a barge pole to avoid contamination by unprofessionalism).

Re: Unprofessional Estate Agents

You go get them Mr lauder!!

Comment

This seems like bad practice tome.
      Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

I'm not surprised that this has upset you, very poor way to treat someone!

Comment

Working...
        X