Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting to know estate agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to know estate agents

Hi everyone

First of all I am just going to point out that I am not here to advertise and I will not be posting links to my site.

After searching through various forums I soon noticed that people are not happy with rightmove, is it true that they are charging some agents over £500 per month? i've read a thread on here where someone has mentioned £80 plus per month for using it, both prices to me is disgusting and I don't know how they justify it.
    Also i've read that it was started up and is run by estate agents, but on righmove itself they say it isn't run by agents, does anyone know which is the truth?

And it takes upto 3 days for changes to be updated?

Ok the reason I am here,

I want to make a difference and I need estate / letting agents advice and opinions to do it,
    I want to know what it is that you want in a website for it to work for you.
    i.e. features, appearance.

I have actually built a site already,
    It is automated,
    You can access your control panel 24/7
    Unlimited listings
    Unlimited updates
    Instant updates
    Upto 25 images per listing
    Featured listings options
    It is easy to use for both agent and searchers
    You can list your overseas properties
    It can be translated into 35 different languages
    You receive emails direct
    You can add video tours
    Agents profile and details to view
    Currency calculator
    Community forum
    Private forum for agents which the link appears after you log in
    Searchers can also send to a friend,
    share listings with all social networks
    Printable view of listings and agents details
    Downloadable pdf
    click the links directly to your sites

It is not going to be free, I know there are sites like globrix offering it for free but there is a catch, there always is. They usually trap you then charge you.

Im looking at it differently.

What you see is what you get.

The price you pay when you join is the price you will always pay should you decide to come back without break.

Its on a membership basis

365 days from the date you pay to list unlimited listings.

As the site is new it will only be £35 per year to the first 250 agents

Then it will be £75 per year which is very reasonable.

Im looking into television and radio advertising for the near future,
    It will be when launched officially on the top sponsored in google, msn, yahoo etc.

The name is already known on facebook and twitter, nearly 1 thousand friends which are mostly students on facebook, and over a 2 thousand and growing followers on twitter, students, agents and developers.

I am donating 10% to the Macmillans charity for cancer, reasons are personal.

Like I said I am not here to plaster my sites name all over, my site is for you and to stop you guys getting ripped off, so I need to know more about what you are wanting.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Edward
    Last edited by RM-Alternative; 30-09-2009, 10:58 AM.

We have withdrawn from Rightmove as it was very expensive and over 24 months it didnt pay for itself on a sales basis, leads were intermittent at best and really we weregetting far more interest when advertising more locally.
    P.M me the link to your site, if you havent already closed, and ill take a look and provide you with some honest feedback and maybe even some business.

Comment

What would you be actually offering that's new compared to other portals? How much longevity is there?

Don;t mean to be a downer, but I'd be hesitant to sign-up because you haven't established yourself, and there are plenty of established property portals out there.

You have a website, no real traffic, and all your social media friends are not actually property buyers/sellers so are irrelevant.

In short, you have a developing idea, so stop procrastinating and just get it developed, launched, and promoted, to instil confidence in what you're doing.

Comment

Working...
      X