Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e/a fobbing me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e/a fobbing me off

hi there...... my first post here goes

been with a small local e/a for 1 mth , had already been with a well known e/a last yr but their local office [ l live in a large village ] slowly ran out of staff, and the new manager that was put in was complete rubbish and lied thro his back teeth to any querie .
    the one lm now signed up with is not very well know and has had 3 different names in the last year? yeah l know, should have been a clue
    anyway
    the thing that swayed it for me is that they said that my home would be advertised with rightmove .com who have a great rep utation, another reason l stayed with a local e/a is that l live in a park home community and most purchasers will come down drive around the park and go to the local e/a or park manager,s office ,

now, 1 wk after l signed up they had a new manager take over , l was told that a board will be put up , and l will go on right move
    2 WEEKS LATER ...
    no board has arrived when l chased them l was told they had to order them

still not on rightmove , was told that they were having lots of prob s with them so will be on propertyfinder instead [ l wanted rightmove as offered ]

1 wk later still not on propertyfinder .. l reminded them l was not on it ....oh well it has gone through but l can take 1 day to upload but will chase it up tomorrow ....
    2 days later still not on it

l rang propertyfinder myself today to ask what the prob was and after giving the relevant details was told that " this e/a is uploading manually and only doing lettings !! , they have not uploades any sales at all yet

l want to ccl my agreement with e/a who has treated me like a complete idiot and lied to me all the way

but lve signed for 16wks b/4 l can cancel
    everything on the contract says what l am liable for but not anything about if they ** up
    lm sooooo mad

hav,nt said anything yet thing is my home should have been marketed as promised all through the easter and this coming bank holiday and all l have is a pic in the local e/a office and a pic on their website

lve had 1 enquiry so far ............
    what can l do pse anyone sorry its a long story

I'm surprised - wouldn't the contract set out obligations under which the agent is expected to follow?

Comment

Working...
    X