Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Managment software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Managment software

After sometime in the software development industry I have decided it is time to turn my hand at producing my own product set.

My knowledge of the property industry is next to non-existent, but it is one of interest to me. What I am looking to do right now is just determine the feature set required for property management software. I believe that the software should be geared towards small to mid sized estate agencies and not so much at individual landlords.

I am looking to partner with an estate agency or group of agencies who have the time to accurately portray their needs and requirements of such a system. The benefits to the agencies will of course be the use of the cost free use of the software.

I do realize the scale of the undertaking I am considering, and I would ask that any agencies interested also consider the time investment that would be required of them to help spec and test such an application.

Also after some time in Software Development....

If someone came to me and said;

"I'm going to write a new word processing / spreadsheet / database program, and in return for testing it you can use if for free", I'd be inclined to say; that's not enough. Why would I give you the requirements, spec and test it for you, just for "the use of the cost free use of the software" ?

Why wouldn't I choose Word, Excel, or Access for word processing, spreadsheet or database?

If you want me to do this for you, then pay me a wage to do it. The free use of the software wouldn't be enough reward, in my view.

I'd also paraphrase from your target buyers' point of view;

Why would I want your software package, with all the speccing and testing effort that goes with it, when there's already a number of pre-tested packages out there that I can buy off the shelf anyway? Why wouldn't I just pick an off-the-shelf letting or prop mgt package?

What features will yours have that the existing ones don't?

What's your Unique Selling Point for the software, especially considering you seem to have no experience of dealing with those who'll be using it?

Comment

Working...
    X