Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ReMax on Rightmove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReMax on Rightmove?

I regularly check a few areas on Rightmove, and suddenly noticed ReMax properties being listed on there.

It's the first time I've ever noticed this, certainly in the areas I check - normally I have to visit their site as well.

Is this something agents have been doing for a while, or is it a sign that at least some Remax agents see the need to expand their potential audience capture?

Anyone else ever seen ReMax on Rightmove in their searches?

Originally posted by brian View Post
    I regularly check a few areas on Rightmove, and suddenly noticed ReMax properties being listed on there.

It's the first time I've ever noticed this, certainly in the areas I check - normally I have to visit their site as well.

Is this something agents have been doing for a while, or is it a sign that at least some Remax agents see the need to expand their potential audience capture?

Anyone else ever seen ReMax on Rightmove in their searches?
    It used to be the case in Scoland that reMax were not permitted to advertise on any other website except their own as they believed that diluted the power of their own. Certainly they seem to have changed that policy there and now allow individual offices to go on. I think they have to add though that all remax properties can be viewed on their own website. This must have been down to pressure from office owners and associates as their own site is a nightmare to search.

Comment

It makes sense - plus Rightmove has the larger audience reach, so in a decline, it makes sense to make every effort, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by drhouse View Post
        .......... as their own site is a nightmare to search.
        What's wrong with it? WHY is it a nightmare?

Comment

Vague criticism such as 'difficult to use' or 'nightmare to use' is meaningless without specifics. Describe, expand, enhance.

Comment

Well, I can't say I find the drop down list of every city and town in the UK particularly user friendly. Not a nightmare, just unfriendly.

Comment

Originally posted by googler View Post
              Vague criticism such as 'difficult to use' or 'nightmare to use' is meaningless without specifics. Describe, expand, enhance.
              If you are looking for an area you have to go on specific towns and not on the branch for that location. For example an associate based in Edinburgh may be selling a property in the Highlands. The property is listed under the Edinburgh branch. If I am looking for an area - say 20 mile radius - I don't want to have to hit on every town and village in the drop down. To me that is a 'nightmare' to someone else with time to spare it may just be a 'nuisance'

Comment

OK, you'll have to excuse the systems analyst coming to the surface here, but -

I assume you're both using the 'Quick Search' at the left hand side of the home page? It sounds like it from references to the drop-down.

Have you tried either the 'Advanced Search' below it, or the map on the RHS, which allows searching either by offices/agents, or by properties within a county or region?

Comment

Originally posted by drhouse View Post
                  If you are looking for an area you have to go on specific towns and not on the branch for that location. For example an associate based in Edinburgh may be selling a property in the Highlands. The property is listed under the Edinburgh branch. If I am looking for an area - say 20 mile radius - I don't want to have to hit on every town and village in the drop down. To me that is a 'nightmare' to someone else with time to spare it may just be a 'nuisance'
                  To advanced search, and select Highland Region where it says 1. Where? - A couple of dropdowns allow you to narrow the search to individual areas or towns if you want. This seems to list all the properties within that region, whoever the agent is (well actually, I didn't try it for Highlands, but did so for Fife as a whole, and saw a couple of properties in this results list from offices south of the Forth, so that seems kosher - should work the same for Highland .....?)

I don't see a radius search, but if you know the centre of where you want to search, try putting the postcode or a range of codes in the appropriate boxes, and it looks like you get all the properties in that postcode area or areas, regardless of office or agent..... EH1 to EH9 or so are Edinburgh codes, so ..... hmm.

'EH3' seems to include EH31, EH32, EH33 for me..... OK, not quite Disaster for Scotland, but I'll have another look at that one later.

How about the map on the right? That seems to allow you to find an office's properties, regardless of where they are, or the properties in a county, regardless of which office listed them; or that's how it looks to me..... click on a county and it shows either the offices to click-through, or the properties within that county...... seems to come at your situation from both directions and satisfy both your requirements for a property search or an office search - Yes/No?

Is your actual requirement to look for the properties in the Highlands or in Edinburgh?

Comment

Yes I agree advanced search will work but most buyers tend to quick search, especially on the sites with less properties. My evidence is that they tell me so. This is why Remax will definitely benefit from being on Rightmove.

Comment

Nah, they just need to remove the quick search, and force everyone to use advanced (!)

Comment

Well it would be a lot cheaper than each office having to pay several hundred pounds a month !

Comment

I tend to focus on a general area - for example, I keep watching the Highlands in general.

The "quick search" on the remax-scotland.com site demands I sort through a list of every Scottish town. Not user friendly IMO.

Comment

So it's not the whole 'website' that's a nightmare, just that you (and others) don't like one feature of it..... and don't want to use the others.

Comment

Yes they are on Rightmove in Plymouth. I assume that putting all your properties on rightmove for a month is cheaper than one page on one day in the local paper!!

Comment

Working...
                              X