Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold my house to the Estate Agent..now being sued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my house to the Estate Agent..now being sued

Hi

Im hoping someone can give me some advice

I sold my house to my estate agent (the agency is a small limited company with only 2 people running it - and she was one of them and is therfore an employee of the company and is also a director and shareholder).

Anyway, on the day of completion they turned up with an invoice for their fees - for introducing themselves as buyers! But surely I introduced the property to them, and ethically, morally and legally they should not be able to do this...surely?

I refused to pay and now theya re suing me. We are due in court on Monday and I am urgently looking for any advice that you guys can give me.

Well, if you're faced with legal action, then you absolutely need the professional advice of a solicitors!!

Comment

Assuming this is still active and wasn't settled in court that day;

Did you sign an Estate Agency Agreement for this agency to have 'sole agency' or 'sole selling rights' prior to them agreeing to buy it from you, or did you merely go to them and sell your house to them? Was the original intent that they would market the home for you on the open market?

If you signed an agreement, did it have a clause therein which said, roughly, that, no matter how a buyer was introduced to you, their fee would be payable?

Comment

Go an see your lawyer!!! Those agents sound like scumbags!
        Government Authorised Property Real Estate Agents in Kefalonia, Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by shella_n View Post
          Hi

Im hoping someone can give me some advice

I sold my house to my estate agent (the agency is a small limited company with only 2 people running it - and she was one of them and is therfore an employee of the company and is also a director and shareholder).

Anyway, on the day of completion they turned up with an invoice for their fees - for introducing themselves as buyers! But surely I introduced the property to them, and ethically, morally and legally they should not be able to do this...surely?

I refused to pay and now theya re suing me. We are due in court on Monday and I am urgently looking for any advice that you guys can give me.
          I wish you had given more details, please let us know how this turned out?
          Webslave - Internet Marketing Research
          for Users, clients and future tracking - predictive web solutions.

Comment

i really want to know how this ended???

i do think if you signed a contract it doesnt matter who bought it you owe them a fee.

let me know what happened

Comment

Re: Sold my house to the Estate Agent..now being sued

What ever the legal standing on this the Estate Agent should be named so others can avoid them. Awful way to conduct themselves

Comment

Re: Sold my house to the Estate Agent..now being sued

I've not heard of this kind of situation before - you need to seek legal advice asap.
                Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

Working...
                X