Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ever had a really bad experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever had a really bad experience?

Has anyone got and estate agent horror stories or had general bad experiences with their agents? Who wshould we avoid?

I've always dealt with agents who also happen to be friends as well, so I knew what to expect, but I remember one associate of an agent I knew who was dreadful. His name was Drew and he was commonly referred to as Droop because he was so bad at showing. He would just disappear leaving clients to work it out on their own! I think he sold about one house per year just because it snuck through!

Comment

No bad experiences - yet!

But that's no surprise from an effective first-time buyer.

Comment

As I bought my home as a new build, fortunately I haven't had to use them yet.

Comment

Being a overseas property agent,sorry to say ı /we have heard lots of horror story's.

One word of advice .please if you are going to buy any where over sea's, not just in turkey .stay well clear of bars and restraunt's.
          These cowboys and rougues tend give the good guys a bad name,

No i am not just blowing my own trumpet. Our clients speak highly for our service's.There testimonial's can be viewed on our web site.

Regards.

Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by vicki2 View Post
            I've always dealt with agents who also happen to be friends as well, so I knew what to expect, but I remember one associate of an agent I knew who was dreadful. His name was Drew and he was commonly referred to as Droop because he was so bad at showing. He would just disappear leaving clients to work it out on their own! I think he sold about one house per year just because it snuck through!
            haha..no wonder he books only one sale per year...anyway, i haven't really had a bad experience with agents...but i was a real estate agent before and i had this really awful experience with a client who never answers my calls nor my text messages --he did this right after telling me to give him all information about the condo unit i reserved for him..he was even hiding from me when i went all the way to his office to meet him..it was pretty obvious he was there...anyway, right now i'm just laughing at the exprience...it's really tough being an agent..

Comment

We when first started looking for a house I had a realtor that was terrible. She would not return our calls or she would call us needing something and we would call her back with the information she was never there. We finally just gave up with her.

Comment

I think it pays to ask around and get recommendations about agents. To walk into an estate agent's office and take pot luck is something I'm not up for any more lol.

Comment

So far, I havent had any bad experiences with my real estate agent because I am on a personal friend to friend relationship which never screws up.

Comment

estate agents

I'm having a total nightmare with my estate agent! My house has been on the market for 2 months and i havent heard from them once, nor had a single viewing! I have dropped my price 3 times already.

I have to keep calling them for info and they never give me the info i ask for.

When i initially got different estate agents around to value the house etc, this one said my house was great and that they had people on their books who would be interested... so far nothing! I have even set a trap and got 3 people i know to ring up and ask for the details of my house to be mailed out... this was about 4 weeks ago and still nothing!

I have even gone so far as to set up a myspace page for my house as i am so fed up with them! (Am i allowed to say who they are??!!)

I dont know what to do... whether to give them an ultimatum or just bin them? Any advice would be fab... this is the main reason i have joined this forum as i thought there may be good advice or people in similar positions?

I have a sale going through on the house i hope to move to, so i am in a bit of a rush to sell.

Thanks for your help.

Ninoouk

Comment

We have only bought one house, and the worst part of it was that we had the interest rate locked in, and because of paperwork in the real estate company not getting done on time. So, they tried to add points to our contract. Luckily, though, the owner of the local company paid the points since it was their fault that the contract was changed.

Comment

At least they were honest! Sometimes I've seen big realty companies not be so honest. They figure you won't pay legal costs to do anything about it and will just be quiet and pay the points.

Comment

I would have to say that if you have had friends call about your house and they have not been givin any information on it your realtor is not working in your interests. I would say go with someone else if they are not doing anything for you which it sounds like they are not.
                          I to went right to the wire on our on our locked interest rate. But I would have to say the realtor that we ended up with worked her butt off to get everything done on time so we could sign the papers before the deadline. We were actually just waiting on the appraiser. Man I hated that.

Comment

What about home inspections? Has anyone had a problem with getting one done, or find out there's more wrong with the house, and then cancel the contract?

When we bought our house, we didn't have a home inspection because they're not required in my state. However, my husband climbed under the house to check out the plumbing. He found where one of the drains in the bathrooms leaked and mentioned it to the agent. She said she'd have the owner fix it before we signed the papers. Well, it was fixed, but it was a temporary fix. Not long after the papers were signed and we moved in, my husband had to go back under the house for something. He found another puddle, in the same place as before, and ended up having to fix the problem right, himself.

I know it wasn't the agent's fault, but it was frustrating.

Comment

I blame both the agent and the seller in that case. Stuff like that I make a contingency in the contract. Either it is repaired properly or the sale won't go through. I've had it done to me when I was selling and I've done it to sellers as well. It's the only way to go because then there is legal recourse.

Comment

Working...
                              X