Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property development courses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property development courses

Hi - my first post on here. I'm looking to acquire a property for renovation in the next 6 months or so, but would like to acquire some skills to be able to do some renovation work myself. Things like plastering, kitchen fitting, tiling, basic plumbing possibly electrics....

I've been looking for evening courses in the Wiltshire/ Oxfordshire area or part-time/ weekend courses but it seems courses at colleges are very much geared towards youngsters and training them for employment in the construction industry - similarly there are people like 'Access Training Ltd' who offer comprehensive courses and deal with re-training ex-forces people etc, but these are full-time and lasting several weeks and probably more in-depth than I require - not to mention residential courses that won't fit into and around my life/ work etc.

Has anyone on here found/ undertaken evening classes, or can recommend anything in the South East (apart from google...) to try and find what I'm after?

Thanks.

Re: Property development courses

B&Q do some basic courses. I did a half day in tiling and a half day in plastering and thoroughly recommend them. It is only the basics but it has helped me avoid a few mistakes. Cost is £20 per course.

Comment

Working...
    X