Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspiring property looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspiring property looking for advice

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd register just to ask you a couple questions.

I've always wanted to be a property developer for as long as I can remember but have never really done anything about it so I've decided to take the first step.

I've been working in recruitment for the last couple of years and prior to that a majority of my experience was unskilled construction/labor based. I've decided that I want to change my career for something that's going to be more useful when I eventually come to renovating my first property; something along the lines of carpet fitter, window fitter, plasterer etc so that I'll have one more skill I won't have to pay somebody else to do.

I was just really seeking some advice and ideas for a job that I could go into, with little/no experience, that will help me in the long run. I'm a hands-on type of guy and would prefer not to be stuck in an office.

Would really appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks.

Join

Re: Aspiring property looking for advice

Hi welcome to the forum. Having a skill saves a lot of money and can save a lot of time too. Ideally having a team who can be trusted and reliable is what you need. I'm lucky enough to have a little black book but I also have skills. In the last 4/5 years I have been doing the odd job with an electrician so being able to chase sockets is time saving. Painting also great but generally if you want to get stuck in then do the donkey work to save time and money.

Comment

Working...
    X