Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A second bathroom or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A second bathroom or not?

Hi,

I'm nearing the end of my first property development, it's been a bit of a long road so I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, the property is now a three bed, one of which has an en suite (shower and sink). The upstairs bathroom has a bath but no shower (it wouldn't be easy to put one in because of where the window is). There is another room downstairs which is about to get a second WC and a sink, the question is should I put a shower in?

How important is it to have a shower in a communal room within the house? Do you think there would be a cost and effort benefit?

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Re: A second bathroom or not?

I would not put a shower downstairs (presume you mean ground floor) - Id add one to the main bathroom - keep it simple.

Comment

Thanks, I have been trying to find away of doing it but at the window goes over one end of the bath and the other end is open to room.

Anyone seen a a shower mounted at the mid point of the bath (length ways)?

Otherwise I'm kind of forced down the route of no communal shower or having one downstairs.

Comment

It would appear you do not know what your target market will be looking for.
        Why do you think having two showers ina three bedroom house is so essential anyway?
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

The only shower is in a room? Well you definitely need another shower in order to keep the privacy on the room with the sole shower. I think having the communal shower downstairs is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftyrighty View Post
            Hi,

I'm nearing the end of my first property development, it's been a bit of a long road so I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, the property is now a three bed, one of which has an en suite (shower and sink). The upstairs bathroom has a bath but no shower (it wouldn't be easy to put one in because of where the window is). There is another room downstairs which is about to get a second WC and a sink, the question is should I put a shower in?

How important is it to have a shower in a communal room within the house? Do you think there would be a cost and effort benefit?

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Personally I would avoid the shower and stay with the bath but if it is important maybe install an option into the bath perhaps if it is important ( may not look too pretty but still would fit it's purpose).

Comment

Working...
            X