Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boundary owenership question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boundary owenership question

Can anyone offer advice on the following,
    I am having my drive way resurfaced. My neighbour's driveway is elevated at the side of mine to approximately 60 cm.
    the boundary is mine according to the deeds, but below the boundary fence is the concrete retaining wall of my neighbour's drive which is badly cracked
    and in danger of collapse which would result in his drive and block work falling onto my drive. The question is who is responsible for repairing the retaining wall? Me or my neighbour?

Re: Boundary owenership question

Hi, sound interesting, but there is only two ways resolve that problem, as you said at any time this wall could collapse and that's it... right!... so whilst its not happened yet... get a talk with your neighbour about that wall and instead of waiting of "something bad happened before or after your drive way will be resurfaced" and later spend double money, and searching for truth of guilt, invest on half with your neighbour to prevent that, i would do that, but in a case if neither of you are not greedy and care about place you live...

Comment

Re: Boundary owenership question

the second way by the way is court, choose for you what's the cheapest one.... )

Comment

Working...
      X