Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unique Property Development Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Property Development Advice

Hello,

Firstly may i introduce myself, I am a 24 year old part time property developer based in Leeds, UK, I am in partnership with my brother and we currently have 2 properties in the West Yorkshire area, both have been extensively renovated since purchase and are both currently rented out producing a good return.

I have recently qualified in Building Surveying at Leeds Metropolitan University, I'm yet to become charted and actively seeking a career in my chosen profession, (if anyone reading this is looking for an enthusiastic hard working person to join there team then please get in touch). My brother is a a Joiner having just finished his apprenticeship, we both have a lot of hands on experience in the building trade and we carry out most work on our properties and others where possible.

We've been given an opportunity to acquire a derelict 5 storey former woollen warehouse plus additional land to develop in a busy West Yorkshire town centre.

Property Specs:
    -Stone Built
    -Previously an 18th century woollen/cloth warehouse
    -5 Storey
    -Area 750 sq.ft per floor
    -Additional land for development/extension approx. 75sq mtrs.
    -Plenty of mullioned windows
    -Located in the heart of the town centre (but obscured by high street retail outlets)
    -In close proximity to 2 popular public houses.

Although we have the opportunity develop this site we are unsure as of the best use of this building and land. It has had the benefit of several approved planning applications (lapsed) over the last 20 years. These include residential, commercial and retail usage.

We also do not, at this moment in time have the funds in place for a development of this type.

The reason for this thread is:

1) To generate ideas relating to this type of building/land and it's unique location.

2) Any advice on funding such a project (Grants, JV's etc)

3) Any Further Advice

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unique Property Development Advice

Can you post a picture of the property and its surroundings. I think it would be much convenient for us to give advices if we could have a look of the property and its location.

Comment

Re: Unique Property Development Advice

Property business gaining popularity rapidly, It is the best way to invest your money if you want to get profit within short time.There are many property companies doing that job and they are also provide assistance and advises facility.

Comment

Working...
      X