Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning permission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning permission

Hi i am new to this forum and property development and looking for some advice. I have been looking for properties in Scotland which have a potential for an extra bedroom to be created making a one bedroom flat into a two bedroom. Firstly i would like to know if this would significantly increase the value of the property so long as the room is reasonably sized.

Secondly does anyone know how easy/diffucult it would be to get planning consent for work to knock down walls and erect new ones? Also if the building is listed will these further complicate matters or does it not matter as one estate agent told me the outside of the building is listed and not the inside so you could do pretty much anything? Thanks for any advice.

Re: Planning permission

Originally posted by eh_fb1907 View Post
    Also if the building is listed will these further complicate matters or does it not matter as one estate agent told me the outside of the building is listed and not the inside so you could do pretty much anything?
    I'm afraid I can't help with all of your questions but I can tell you that the estate agent's advice about the interior of listed buildings was incorrect. Any alterations to a listed building whether exterior or interior (and this includes listed buildings in Scotland) require formal listed building consent. And there is the potential for a hefty fine if you go ahead without that consent. Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Planning permission

What is the size of your property? If it is quite big, I think you can add a 1 brdroom flat to it. Just make sure that the additional bedroom will not compromise the look of your property.

Regarding with the plan consent, I suggest that you consult a local building official for all the construction and plan you're thinking of. They could give you advise of what are the things you need to do prior the construction and plan.

Comment

Working...
      X