Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need an architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southcoast
    replied
    Re: Do I need an architect

Even if you don't need planning consent, building control would certainly be interested in the garage conversion and they will want drawings.

£1.5k - £2.5k seems very expensive though. I recently paid £520 for the drawings on a major renovation with a 2nd level extension and loft conversion.

Did that price include a structural engineer?

Leave a comment:

• wisenno
    started a topic Do I need an architect

Do I need an architect

I have recently moved into a new home which we would like to remodel...work would include knocking down a wall between kichen and existing TV room to create a large kitchen/breakfast/utility/Tv room and also convert a garage to a play room.

I doubt that I need planning for the internal work only so do I really need an architect?

They are looking to charge 1.5k - 2.5k+ for a basic CAD plan - happy to pay for it if I get the "why didn't I think of that"

Interested in others views
Working...
X