Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BTL Mortgage Vs Bridge Loan (or a combination)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTL Mortgage Vs Bridge Loan (or a combination)

Hello Property Development Forum,

I have thoroughly enjoyed this forum in recent months and based on everyone’s property development experience, please can the forum shed some light on the pro's and con's of BTL mortgages and/or bridging loans?

I bought and renovated my first property 5years ago on a first time buyer mortgage (I do have about 10-15K +equity). The property is let out and to date, yielded a good return. My experience as a landlord has been a pleasurable one thanks to great tenants!

I am looking to buy and renovate a second property to sell on or let out. I have researched extensively including HomeMove Forum and am pulling together as much capital as possible with a business partner as well as information.

The finance side of setting this up is getting confusing (already having met with my accountant), in your experience which option is safer and more practical with regards to renovation, timescales and current property market trends?

I live in the Oldham area Greater Manchester, which offers a higher demand for rentals vs sales (however sales are still quite active subject to house condition). The properties I am interested in are 2 Bed Terraced from auction 40-60K.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave
Working...
X