Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garden improvement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden improvement

I'm new to renovation and involved in renovating a local house that garden needs improving a fair bit. I do a lot of the labouring and have some involvement in planning, but at the end of the day I don't have the final say in what work is done to the property. At the bottom of the garden is a largish steel shed/garage that needs some attention. My boss wants to paint it aqua blue to match the aqua blue she wants to paint the fences. The neighbours garden colours are quite muted, army green, brown, grey etc. I don't think it a good idea to go with the aqua blue as the garden would stick out like a sore thumb and may also be an acquired taste, but my boss disagrees. I think it would be best to leave the garden a muted colour.

Can anyone give an opinion on this?

Thanks

Re: Garden improvement

Paint colour isn't too much of an issue in my opinion, as it's one of the easiest things a new owner can change if they dislike it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I just thought prospective buyers may prefer a more neutral look

Comment

I agree that it is very easy to change but it would be more beneficial for perspective buyers if they dont have to change as much so maybe a more neutral colour would be best or try not such a brigh blue but a dark one..
        We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

Colour is an issue! First impressions count.
          If you hate the colour you wont be thinking about repainting it you will be thinking about buying somewhere else!

Colours in a garden detract from the plants and flowers.
          Let wood go natural silver grey, it never needs re doing and fences will fall down before they rot these days.
          BRAND NEW HOMES
          Information for UK new home buyers
          New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Garden important part of every society.Which provide fresh oxygen and air which is necessary for living a healthy life.A beautiful garden must contain with beautiful fences which makes them more secure and beautiful.

Comment

I am agree with New Home Expert's Opinion that first impression counts, if the buyer doesn't like the paint then he may reject the property. So I think you should discuss these point with your boss and tell her the advantages of right kind of paint. I am sure your boss will understand your thoughts and ideas.
              Man And Van Sherborne | Johnson's of Shaftesbury

Comment

Working...
              X