Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Developing to sell or let??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deano
    replied
    Re: Developing to sell or let??

Thanks Brian ... a session with an accountant is on my list of things to do, as I know almost nothing about taxation!

Leave a comment:

• brian
    replied
    Re: Developing to sell or let??

Deano, talk to an accountant, as there are various ptifalls with owning multiple properties in terms of capital gains tax that is going to potentially overlap with your incame tax obligations.

Leave a comment:

• Deano
    started a topic Developing to sell or let??

Developing to sell or let??

I've recently taken redundancy and am thinking of dipping my toes in the property devlopment pool to see how it goes. Just starting my research now and was wondering what the general consensus was regards to selling or renting the finished property. Would it come down to individual properties, or in the current market is it better to build up a small portfolio of rented properties and wait for house prices to creep up over the next 5-10 years?

Also any advice on whether to do this as an individual, or as a limited company, would be appreciated. If it's the company route is it best to use two companies ... one to buy and develop the properties ... then the other to manage the rental?

I'm sure I'll find various opinions as I do my research but would be interested in some quick opinions.
Working...
X