Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renovation/self build mortgages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renovation/self build mortgages

Hi,

I have some equity invested in a buy-to-let investment in Suffolk and it's not making a great return for me. For years I've loved property, developing my own house, and have always wanted to get into rejuvenating unloved properties.

I have had a baby and haven't returned to work, and want my investment to work harder for me, so am considering reinvesting in a buy-to-let or renovation/refurb project closer to home in London.

My obvious mortgage problem is finance, as I've not returned to work. I have seen renovation/self build mortgages advertised online but not sure what to make of them... Some even offer investment in return for a share of the profits.

What do you guys think??

Re: Renovation/self build mortgages

It sounds like you really need an income to help - cashing in on the existing equity would help, but if you're having to take out a mortgage to redevelop property, it is going to help to have some income to back it up.

Be careful of shared profits schemes, as these will inevitably be weighted against your interests.

Comment

Working...
    X