Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing first property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing first property

Hi, I was just wanting a bit of advice from people in the know. I am soon to start working with a friend of mine developing properties, he is a qualified joiner, and I am a plumber and also do plastering and tiling. We are looking at buying a first house at only around £75,000 to see if we can make the business work, the problem we have is that we only have £40,000 equity between us tied up in our current houses which we both need to keep. What I was wanting advice on is what the best option would be (if any) to fund the first house; business loan, mortgage or alternatives. This would also need the ability to fund a second house that could be bought whilst the first house is being sold, as this would be our full time jobs. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Financing first property

Hi

You need to speak to a Financial Advisor who will be able to go through all the options with you to find the best one.

I would advise you both to fit the project in around your current jobs i.e. evenings/weekends, at least for the first one as you'll need the money and you need to know that you can work together.

I would recommend buying from an auction, as long as you don't go over your agreed limit but make sure you view it and read the legal pack first.

Also, have a chat with your local Estate Agents and see what type of properties are selling in the area. You don't want to buy a house if only flats are selling. Although I think it's more likely to be the other way round.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Comment

Working...
    X