Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basement Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement Conversion

I know no one will be able to give me a particularly accurate figure, but just in the process of buying my first development/renovation.

The property is a 2 bed back to back. It already has 2 rooms downstairs, however It's not in a habitable condition and is currently being used for storage.

The basement consists of 2 rooms, bricked floor at the moment, and ideally could do with about 6-10 inches additional headroom, this is to allow for plastering etc.

The size of the room is around 16' by 10". It already has a window down there, big enough to get out of in case of a fire.

Also has lighting etc.

Could anyone give me a rough guesstimate of how much it would cost to convert to liveable space?

Look forward to some quick replies!

Cheers,

FTMP

Re: Basement Conversion

in 2006 it cost me £50 k and that didn't include underpinning, as had the sides supported...original quote was 30k but by the time electrics, flooring, heating , decor etc it was close on 45-50k...maybe you would be more lucky..I am in london.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: Basement Conversion

50k?
      that is cheap and must be with no guarantee?

Comment

Working...
      X