Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy blind with sitting tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy blind with sitting tenants?

Afternoon all,

I’m looking at buying a house near me as an investment (refurb / resale), however it’s being sold at auction without allowing viewings…

So my question is, would you buy ‘blind’ with sitting tenants? And if so, how much would you reduce your offer to cover the extended risks of this situation?

Ceiling price on street IMO: £80,000
    Guide price at auction: £65,000

Of course I haven’t mentioned the ‘elephant in the room’ of kicking out the tenants who are paying stupidly low rent.

Any and all advice welcome!

Thanks

Re: Would you buy blind with sitting tenants?

No real advice, only my opinion. I would not buy blind without seeing.

Comment

Re: Would you buy blind with sitting tenants?

Hello

I think it is normal in this situation to do your homework on the sitting tennants. for example it may be they are fairly old in which case you may end up with a property without sitting tennants sooner than you think. the kind of people who buy these types of properties are usually quite mercenary and will go to any lenghts to gain info on the prospective tennants, snooping through their bins, getting friendly with their neighbours etc before they buy the property

Comment

Working...
      X