Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domestic curtilage- existing use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic curtilage- existing use?

I own a house that has a single dwelling on it and a large garden. The land is currently classed as green belt. However it is on the fringe of town and not green belt on two of the four boundary sides. We have lived in the property for 13 years and to our knowledge the grounds have always been used as domestic gardens. Can I apply for a lawful development certificate to change the status of the land to Domestic curtilage or would a planning application be more applicable? I have read my local authorities policy on extending domestic curtilage into Green belt and they are very opposed to this but we have always used the grounds as just that domestic garden for the house so we are not really extending into the green belt.

thanks in advance

Re: Domestic curtilage- existing use?

Not sure what you are trying to achieve zaphod. You can have dwellings within Green Belt anyway. I have just got Planning for two new detached properties replacing a semi-detached which is wholly within Green Belt. The restrictions on what you can do are much tighter though.

Comment

Working...
    X