Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will renovation take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will renovation take?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out whether to risk more money on a bad property investment by renovating the property so it can be rented out (or just be done with it, default on the mortgage and become a bankrupt. would rather not if poss).

From other posts it seems I'd be looking at €30 - €50k cost with a mix of DIY and tradesmen. But I'd need to quit/ get time off my job in order to carry out the work and I'm not sure how long to expect to be not earning an income, which would obviously impact my cashflow.

Realistically it will need:
    roofing/wiring/plumbing+central heating/windows/kitchen/plastering/insulation/flooring.

If it was being worked on full time, can anyone give me estimates of how long they think I should allow for completion?

Re: How long will renovation take?

think this is something only you and a surveyor/builder can comprehend
    Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
    Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

I think a bit more information is needed:

What makes it such a bad investment
      Where is it as you quoted costs in Euros
      How big is it etc. etc.

Comment

With zero information about the property you are likely to get zero advice, are we talking 3 bed semi-detached? 10 bed mansion? etc.

Comment

Working...
        X