Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

studio flat into one bedroom flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studio flat into one bedroom flat?

would turning a studio flat into a one bedroom flat increase its value , is it feasable?

the flat is about 500 sqm and there is a convenient space for a large bedroom i think at £100,000 and one bed flats selling for £120 + .

leashold so will need permission first.

Re: studio flat into one bedroom flat?

maybe ask yourself why its not a one bedroom flat already?
    Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
    Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

could be reason behind it, then again may be a good investment waiting to happen
      Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
      Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

I think the quick answer to your question is yes it would increase the value providing of course it isn't really pokey!

Comment

Out of interest.... being a Leasehold flat, would changes need to be made to the Lease (as well as the Freeholders permission)? I presume you are moving the kitchen to the Living room. Then turning what was the kitchen into a bedroom? The reason I ask is we turned a one bed into a two bed flat. To do it we went into the attic space. In our case we got the Freeholders permission (when buying it), and had the lease changed once the works completed. Also needed the mortgage company's permission as well as planning consent (not a quick process!!!).

Comment

Working...
          X