Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PVC windows - certificate required?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PVC windows - certificate required?

Hi,

I'm just about to start developing my first proprty. It's a 3 bed ex local authority house which I plan to renovate and then sell ASAP.

It needs new PVC windows and if I get a recognised company in to do the installation, I will get a certificate saying they have been installed correctly (not sure what the official name of this certificate is).

However, if I fit these myself, do I need to get building regs, or have an inspection to say they are fitted correctly - will it cause problems when I sell if I don't have a certificate?.

Many thanks for any help with this

If you fit them yourself, I believe you would be held liable for any guarantee, and be required to make any fixes.

If you're serious about renovating, don't try and take short cuts to save a few ££ where it could cost later on - not least if there is no normal company guarantee for the double glazing and thus put off buyers.

I'm uncertain whether you would be allowed by law to do them yourself anyway - or is that just electricals?

Comment

Thanks Brian,

I have been quoted a fitting price £100 per window. Does this sound a good deal?

Comment

Working...
      X