Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

site survey needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site survey needed

Hello,

I have a conservatory built on piles.

I want to remove soil from the garden which is a slope and level it out.

Could someone suggest a company that I could pay to make an assessment of my garden which would tell me whether or not I should start removing soil - I'm just concerned how this would affect the piles. I have photos of the conservatory footings.

Thanks,

If by 'piles' you do mean properly installed columns that were hammered or cast deep enough to either reach solid rock or to achieve a frictional grip on several metres depth of ground, I doubt they would suffer by having their top half metre or so exposed. Though the frictional ones shouldn't have too much ground cut away from them.

If you just mean short columns built in bricks or blocks on shallow footings, I would be extremely wary of digging around them at all.

Start by talking to local groundworks contractors. If you can find one (via Yellow Pages) who sounds like they deal in a whole range of techniques, they may be able to assess it themselves. If not, they should be able to advise who to ask in that locality.
    Renovation opportunity, 3b det., Carmarthenshire
    http://www.webbo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
    X