Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of help needed

I have been asked to write 500 words on what qualities a property developer needs in order to be successful in today's market. All the searches I come up with are saying a good financial background etc whereas I am looking more so at personal traits and characteristics. Anybody any ideas?

I would suggest attending a property course as you learn a lot more about property and you can understand the demographic that are interested and tend to succeed in property investment.

Comment

It really does come down to a combination of money (assets) and entrepreneurship (ie, ability to take risk). And market knowledge, as well.

Comment

I would suggest (a) that the OP is a journalist, and if so, (b) that if said journalist has to post in forums like these to get articles written for them, that they might want to consider a change of career

Comment

I'm at university and the subject is economics and development but thanks for the help

Comment

hi Jasmine, I reckon innovative/creative, resiliant, ability to adapt are key right now. Agree with Brian that Entrepreneurial traits are essential in a difficult market - in any busines. If you've got cash then you're king! (but that's not personal characteristics rather good judgement, business skills or luck!
            Mark Donald
            www.Reports4Planning.co.uk
            providing more effective reports.......

Comment

Personal management skills are helpful. By that I mean the ability to get on well with a whole variety of tradesfolk. There will be occasions when it is necessary to pressure someone to work to an agreed timeframe or to a particular quality. Being able to cajole someone into doing so, without rancour, is vital.
              Renovation opportunity, 3b det., Carmarthenshire
              http://www.webbo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
              X