Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Researching and looking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching and looking...

Hi all,
    Brand new to this property development stuff and need to do some research on the area i'm gonna be investing in, so was wondering what are the best ways to go about this?
    I'm looking for obvious things like supply/demand of the area.

Also, pretty basic question but where are the best places too look for propertys to buy, online, newspapers or what?
    (Btw sorry if that's a completely obvious and stupid question to all you experienced developers out there :P)

My view is:

No one know which way the market will go, how far it will go and when, so it's down to the individual to make a decision on what and when to buy.

Personally i'd look at cashflow positive investments, then at least if you do end up loosing equity, you get an income

Comment

Ah, thanks for your help.
      Can you just explain exactly what you mean by cashflow positive investments?

Comment

A cash positive investment is just a simple calculation

Total rental income - Mortgages and general outgoings = Not in minus figures.

The more income you have the better, but they are quite hard to find!

Comment

Aha, i get ya now mate.
          Cheersss

Comment

Did you find any?

Look into HMO (multi let) as they tend to be cash positive, although very hard work.

If you can dig round and find a single let that profits, then your doing well.

Comment

Working...
            X