Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estimating price of a new roof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimating price of a new roof

We've found an old bungalow in a lovely rural area and we're buying it as a place to retire to.

It needs a new roof and I'd be grateful for a "rule of thumb" on costing a new roof for it for when we do our sums

Once we've added a small extension the bungalow will be about 90m2 and very close to square in shape.

Can anybody give me a guesstimation of the cost of a new roof (all in, timbers, tiles, labour) for a 90m2 floor structure.

I know its a bit "how long is a piece of string" but I'm looking for a standard roof, no fancy Velux windows, no fancy shapes, standard roof tiles, standard everything.

Thanks for your help
    Pete

Price range between £100 and £300 depending on specs. The easiest way to find out to get quotes from local builders. There is no obligations.
    Andriy Trukhin
    City Development UK Ltd

Comment

Working...
    X