Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bungalow: 4 Beds+1 recepetion or 3 bed+2 receptions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungalow: 4 Beds+1 recepetion or 3 bed+2 receptions?

I've just bought a 2 Bed Bungalow that's in need of complete renovation. The property currently has a medium sized 'breakfast room', and a large reception room. As part of the work I'm planning on converting the loft into 2 bedrooms, with en suite. As you don't see many 4 bedroom bungalows (in this area atleast) and as a lot of bungalows are bought by retired couples (who may not need 4 bedrooms), would I be better off developing it as 3 bedroom bungalow with 2 reception rooms + breakfast room, or should I go for the 4 bedroom arrangement and keep the one recepetion + breakfast room?

In other words, should I turn one of the current downstairs bedrooms into another reception room and add the 2 new bedrooms in the loft (mkaing it a 3 bed)?
    Or should I keep the 2 bedrooms downstairs and have 2 more bedrooms upstairs (making it a 4 bed)?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

The Doctor
    Last edited by Dr_Gonzo; 17-08-2008, 01:55 AM.

Well, it sounds like you already have an idea of what you actually need to do - but not many people here may be able to advise authoritatively on any individual recommendation.

Personally speaking, from what you've said, you are very aware that the area you are looking at tends to cater for a certain group of house buyer. In which case, if you feel this is the case, what are your reasons for wanting to go against this, and can you provide any form of cost/benefit analysis for yourself in doing so?

Comment

Working...
    X