Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renovation queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renovation queries

Hi

I am just in the process of buying a very old house in need of a lot of work.

It is situated in an historical mining area and therefore there is some movement. There is a 20% slope from front of house to rear but report says that no structural works considered necessary. The slope is quite noticable and obviously I will need to rectify this. Just wondered how difficult this will be and if it is just a matter of lifting floor boards and re-enforcing with cement underneath.

Report also suggests asbestos in ceilings of kitchen and bathroom. Suggested removal. Is this a very costly procedure or could I do this myself?

I would be grateful for any advice as I am a bit of a novice.

Thanks

DeeDee
Working...
X