Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building regs/party wall issues/building notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building regs/party wall issues/building notice

On 12 March 2008 my architect submitted a planning application for a "conversion of an existing property into 2 flats and the construction of an adjacent house". Unfortunately, I don't have too much confidence in his/her advice and so would like to establish my own view on the sequence of events for the next steps to ensure things that can be done in parallel, are. The position of the new build will involve some party wall issues and there has been nothing yet progressed on building regs or issue of a building notice etc. Specifically - I would like to establish i) what is the logical sequence of next steps and hence the earliest sensible time to start the various follow-on activities, and ii) after gaining planning approval would it be better to progress the conversion project separate from the new build project in order to avoid the possibility of the conversion being slowed down by the larger amount of "preparatory" work required by the new build? Finally, is there a website that gives this type of "technical advice"? Moral to the tale = choose your architect on the basis of experience not availability!.

Karl
Working...
X