Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move?

Hi there
    New member here, we've just bought our first house and hope to be moving from rented in a few weeks time. 2 bed into a 3 bed, only going across town, just wondering if people have had experience of moving themselves - renting vans, doing runs in the car, getting removals men in and how they compare? Been looking on a few websites and can't tell if we would have to get the removals men to do our packing or could save some money by doing that bit ourselves.
    Cheers
    Ruth

Re: How to move?

I’ve moved myself a few times. Last time I got the pros in and believe me, it’s worth it. Takes ages otherwise and very stressful!
    Jonathan Rolande
    Director of House Buy Fast.
    The UK's Quick House Buying Company
    01903 331 588.

Comment

Hey ! Congratulation for the new home. As you have bought new home, you have to apply for energy performance ceryificate (EPC). It is important as Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rates how energy efficient your home is using grades from A to G (‘A’ the most efficient grade). If you don’t make an EPC available to any prospective buyer or tenant, you can be fined between £500 and £5,000 based on the rateable value of the building.

Comment

Question. .Are you comfortable driving a big truck on busy highways and narrow streets? Do you live in a fairly small home and have a few strong, very good friends you can recruit to help you? If so, moving yourself might be a good option, and an economical one, since you’re not paying a mover to load, drive, and unload your stuff. It’s also the option that gives you the most control.
        Plateau Natura

Comment

Working...
        X