Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for buying in South Devon Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for buying in South Devon Area

Me and my husband and two children (18 and 20) are looking to move "down south" for a more relaxed lifestyle.

Our house budget would be up to £450,000.

Is anyone familiar with the area; popular areas and not-so-nice areas?

We have found a nice house in Newton Abbot that we like, and the area seems pretty central for visiting Plymouth and Exeter and the beaches, but Newton Abbot as a place to live seems to have mixed views.

We don't want to be too remote, but far enough away from the visiting tourists and within approx. 20 mins of travelling to the beaches.

We don't know how much longer our kids will be living with us, so an area that suits them too has to be taken into account ------ (and also an excellent internet speed/connection is essential!)

Would welcome your comments.

Re: Advice for buying in South Devon Area

Have a look on Google im sure there will be lots of information
    on there about that area and the surrounding areas

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Re: Advice for buying in South Devon Area

Have you considered Exmouth as a location? It's not remote and isn't to far away from the coast. As an independent mortgage advisor I arrange a lot of re mortgages for people who already live there and they never have a bad word to say about it.

John

Comment

Working...
      X