Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying home that's part-exchange - How to negotiate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying home that's part-exchange - How to negotiate

Hello,

I have found a house that I wish to purchase but the chain involves the fact that the house is a part-exchange on a new build so the home technically is owned by the new home builder.

The current tenants are waiting for their new home to be completed which should be in the May/June time.

What's the best way to negotiate a deal with something like this? I know that home builders aren't in the business of holding onto property....they would rather build homes. What's a good angle to take to get a good deal? Can I get them to pay some of my fees, kick me back a rebate of some sort....I am looking for ways to get a really good deal on this place.

Thanks for the look!

Dave

Re: Buying home that's part-exchange - How to negotiate

Happy to help but don’t quite understand the issue. Is the house you want to buy let? Who are you trying to incentivise?
    Jonathan Rolande
    Director of House Buy Fast.
    The UK's Quick House Buying Company
    01903 331 588.

Comment

Re: Buying home that's part-exchange - How to negotiate

Originally posted by Jonathan Rolande View Post
      Happy to help but don’t quite understand the issue. Is the house you want to buy let? Who are you trying to incentivise?
      I read the opening post that House A is a new build and being purchased using House B as part exchange and so WiseDave is effectively purchasing House B from the builders.

What could he do to negotiate a better deal for himself when dealing with the builders?

Personally, I'd imagine the builders would be selling through local agents and therefore they, the agents, may be able to "hint" at options if you Dave are in a strong position to buy, ie, is your house on the market, SSTC, etc?

Comment

Working...
      X