Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign, 3 years in the UK, mortgage advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign, 3 years in the UK, mortgage advice.

Hi there,

In the June 2015 I be here for 36 months. I am looking to buy a flat. We've started saving money in September 2013. Now we've got £12k on savings account.

From July 2014 I've got new job.
    £14k basic pay + 6-8k in commissions.

My second half has normal zero hours contract.
    This year 2014-2015 she will end up on 17k pa.

My average payslip from June is 1.5k in hand every month
    Her average payslip from January 2014 is 1.2k in hand

We are looking for two bed flat in midlands. Such as Northampton.
    You can have them for maximum of 100.000. I'd like to buy something for 80.000. With 15k from my savings. 65k total. Pay it off in 10-15years.

What do you think? Am I able to look for some mortgage now? Should I wait? What should I do. Please give me some advice.
    Last edited by Aze; 15-02-2015, 02:29 PM.

Re: Foreign, 3 years in the UK, mortgage advice.

Hi Aze,

Just contact a local mortgage broker and they will be able to put you in touch or apply to a lender for you. If you have been in the UK from another country for 3 years thats more than enough time to get a mortgage providing that you do have the right to remain for example coming from Europe but as you have been working i assume you have this.

Good luck and if you need a broker i have a friend that should be able to assist you

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi, Yes I am from europe. I will be here for 3 years in the June 2015. I should be on 15k savings that time then I will go further with everything.

Comment

As i said Aze it shouldn't be a problem for you to get financing. The market has
        really opened up in the last year and the lenders will be fighting for your
        business.

Ged
        [email protected]mortgages.com

Comment

Trouble is that I am on actually on £14.200 pa basic contracted pay.
          Plus £5000 ish up from commissions. Even more when I do overtimes.
          I'd say that I am on 21k ish pa with commissions and even more with overtimes.
          But I've started in this company in the June/July. My payslips are(before TAX)

£1500-£1500-£1650 moved to better place + overtimes -£2000-£2200-£2300

My partner has zero hours contract. But she is with the same employer for over 12 months now. She will also finish 2014/2015 on 16-17k pa.

We've got £10.000 ready for deposit and another few thousands for all sort of fees.

We're looking for £80.000 worth property. As I know that most banks count only basic pay and they not honor zero hours contract.

Comment

Hi Aze,

Send me your details by PM or to [email protected] and i will put you in contact with my friend in the UK who is a mortgage broker

Ged
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi,
              I have two questions, after reading this thread:-
              1. I am non-EU and have been in UK for last 4 1/2 yrs, would be applying for ILR(indefinate Leave to remain as i will be eligible to apply 1 month beofre my 5 yrs complete)next year. Presently i m on NHS Tier 2 work permit.
              I have been working in NHS as a doctor and have saved some amount. Will i be eligible to buy a 2 bedroom house in say wales or any countryside?

2. My dad (non EU)who usually visits UK is working abroad and comes on visit visa to UK to meet us. He wants to invest/buy a property here in uk, again a 2 bedroom house, countryside. He holds a UK Bank account too.
              Will he be able to buy property and if so, can he buy it when he comes on the visit visa or he needs to apply for a different type of visa to buy property for living, personal use?

Please , let me know the above two queries with supporting links, etc.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
              X