Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negotiating a New Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negotiating a New Build

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a new build house which is currently being sold off plan. I am a first time buyer and wanted to know can you negotiate the price of a new build with the developer? and if so what percent should I aim to get off?

Thanks

Re: Negotiating a New Build

Yes you can but they tend to offer freebies such as carpets and fridges etc as they dont like to discount the price. They would rather have a higher yurn over and pay more on expenses as it makes the share price look better.

Its usually the first flats for sale if they do offer a discount on the price not the later ones. In this appreciating market i wouldn't think there will be many discounts offered.

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi Bobby,

Agree with Ged really. Well worth a try but the best many get is carpet upgrade or appliances etc. As sale prices are public, they won’t want to devalue the site by being too generous on price!

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jonathan :-)
      Jonathan Rolande
      Director of House Buy Fast.
      The UK's Quick House Buying Company
      01903 331 588.

Comment

When you are buying 'off plan' you need to think about when the property will be structurally complete. If that is some distance off in the future (12 months or more) keep that in mindbecause property prices might go down by then - you need to think about that when making your offer. Yes you can negotiate the price. If they still have lots of properties to sell you stand a better chance of getting a good discount.

Comment

Working...
        X