Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desk top survey by Santander 1930 semi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desk top survey by Santander 1930 semi

Hi forum members iam new to the forum and would like to hear your views. If you would take the time to read on that would be much appreciated thank you.

We had offered 280k on a house which was marketed at 300k albeit it was proved a. Bit high given it does need bringing back to life, therefore we thought 280k was reasonable and it was accepted.

Following this our lender had carried out a desktop valuation ( strange as I've not heard of this before) maybe they chose this option as we are putting down 75% deposit!

Qouteation from our mortgage ofer "We have received our mortgage offer, but ther is important information to the applicant which advises we obtain a building survey or condition report to ensure that you are aware of any defects and costs that could be incurred one we own it an inspection of the property could reveal defects or factors that affect the marketability and which have an impact on the value. We do not warrant that the purchase price is reasonable"

Would I be right in interpreting the above paragraph that the lenders do not believe the house is worth what we are paying or is this just a caviar.

Note there are also some repairs which I have noticed and was hoping for these to be picked up on during valuatio

Some displaced roof tiles
    Rising damp to external verandah wall this is joined to main building.
    Displaced bricks at damp course level but there does not seem to be any visual signs of damp in these areas..

I have asked the vendors to reduce by 5k but they will not budge

Any advice would be much aprecited
Working...
X