Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maintenance Charges Leasehold Flat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Charges Leasehold Flat

Hi All,

I was hoping some of you could give me some advice regarding maintenance charges on leasehold properties. I am currently considering placing an offer on a 1 bedroom leasehold apartment. There are two other flats in the building. When I inquired about the service charges I was told that rather than a fixed annual service charge, all maintenance costs were divided by three and paid by the three owners as and when they arise.

This obviously could potentially leave me exposed to some very high costs and I would have to look deeply into the building insurance that the freeholders have in place. However, I was wondering if anyone else has come across this type of maintenance charge arrangement before. I was only ever aware of a fixed service charge structure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Re: Maintenance Charges Leasehold Flat

I have come across it before. If I were you I would see if you could speak to former or current tenants to discuss what you should expect in the price wise. While it does open you up for a larger expense because of others, I have not found this to be an issue unless you are moving close to slobs.
    Has anyone bought from http://www.gardencentredirect.co.uk ?

Comment

Working...
    X