Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help - Vendors staying post completion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help - Vendors staying post completion

Hi All,

Please give me your advice on a situation which I am very unsure about. I have bought a house and exchange contracts last week. Completion date is on 7th May.

All is on track and I have insured the house (Building insurance) as per solicitor advice as it is my responsibility now. However, the sellers have approached me and REQUESTED that I let them continue to stay in the house till June 1st as they have a valid reason(which I understand). I know the family well (as they are very honest and trust worthy) and see no issues.

I would like to know from you all if I am doing something wrong? What are risks to me? yes, this would mean some extra costs to me of paying my rent and mortgage which I am ok to do as vendor has been honest and didn't ask for more price due to increase in market value of this property (UK property boom)

PLEASE HELP and SUGGEST ME

Regards,
    Harry
Working...
X