Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing 2nd home/ renovation to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing 2nd home/ renovation to sell

Really sorry if this question is really trivial/naive but I don't know where to start, I have looked online and cant get a real answer.
    My current property is worth 110k, i have a mortgage of 84k. I am interested in buying a house on my street to develop and sell on, it is for sale for 90k, so there is room for negotiation. The house is identical to my current house, therefore I know all the work it will need to get it to a liveable state. How would I go about financing it? I would aim to buy and sell within a year, would do all the works myself. I do not currently have any savings, although there is a possibility i could loan money from family to act as a 'deposit'.. What would I do 'mortgage wise' for this property, as obviously wouldn't meed a long term mortgage like for my original home. Any advice would be gratefully welcomed
Working...
X