Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Mortgage company for additional surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Mortgage company for additional surveys

Hello, i am a complete novice on this subject so need some advice, I have just paid for my first homebuyers report on a property built in 1900, the valuation from the mortgage company came back suggesting i conduct another four surveys (electrical, major damp and timber, cavity wall tiles and roof) i want to know will this be common practice based on the fact that i want to buy an old victorian house, i haven't budgeted for additional surveys being done on the back on a valuation/home buyers report. I haven't got a bottomless pit of money so dont know if i should invest further on more reports or walk away now in the hope of finding a 1900's house that doesnt need any additional surveys being done (or is this too unrealistic!)

Many thanks

In advance

Mark

Re: Suggestions for Mortgage company for additional surveys

Just get one survey. And request they include report all of the items of concern.

Thanks

Comment

I think you first go to a Lawyer
      Property To Rent

Comment

Why bother with a lawyer at this stage. Just pay for a full survey and specify all the reports you need as requested. The lender will take a view from there. Check with the surveyor though that they are on the lenders panel and also that they will address the report in the name of the lender for little or no extra cost as you could find the lender wanting the report in their name unless this was requested from the beginning

Ged
        http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X