I offered the asking price which was accepted. Had survey carried out and discovered issues with damp, rotten joists, uninsulated walls, blown plasterand a very old htging system.

Also speaking to other agents been told the property is too expensive. Houses that had higher asking prices, down that Street, have accepted much lower than what I offered.

My intuition is to just walk away from it, which is what I had decided this weekend. But I need to find somewhere urgently.

But I got drawn back in when I spoke to the Agent. I have emailed Survey Report them. Their position has now changed and they want me to make another offer.

The issue with the rotted joists is, once the floor is opened up other problems could be discovered, also restoring the floor would mean meeting extra costs of insulating it.

Bathroom is on ground floor reqiures the walls to be insulated again to meet current regs.

Basically I have offered too much and to have the required work carried out means I will never recoup if I sold it.

Do I just get quotes for all the work to be carried out present to vendor and ask them to state a new asking price.

The vendors are Landlords this was one of their rented properties. Yes it would in one sense be easier to walkaway but can I rescue this deal.

I would really appriciate any positive helpful advice