Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Gas Pipes / Boiler...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gas Pipes / Boiler...


    I'm in the process of buying a flat, and have had a a homebuyers report done. It says that some of the gas pipework may not be up to standard and may need replacing. - I think this is for a gas cooker.

    We have a gas safety certificate for the boiler, does anyone know if the pipework would have been checked as part of that? I'm guessing it wouldn't?

    Presumably if we were to buy an electric oven we could just leave the pipework? We're thinking of changing the kitchen in the next 6-12 months anyway.


  • #2
    Re: Gas Pipes / Boiler...

    All parts of the installation should have been inspected.
    If pipework is part of cooker installation it needs to be fixed at correct height and terminated with either bayonet fitting or capped off.
    If its a hob it reqires fiwed pipework rather than the use of a cooker hose,