Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rent mine buy another?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent mine buy another?????

Hi all, 1st post, please be gentle.
    My wife and I both 31, have an existing mortgage on a low rate of 1% above the base rate, we owe 100k on a property worth 125k.
    About to have our second child so will be looking for an extra bedroom so considering moving house. I earn 38k plus maybe 4k bonus, she works part time for 12k but of course has just begun her maternity so will significantly reduce for the next 9months!!
    I'm trying to work out our best options as I have some shares worth around 50k but can only access the 10k I put in and 10k gained without capital gains tax and then take around 10k a year thereafter.
    We'd really like to keep our existing property and buy another but unsure if this might be a little ambitious at this stage so maybe sell and use the equity as a deposit on the next one.
    Any advice would be really appreciated, I feel a little lost at sea

Thanks in advance

Joe
Working...
X