Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Buy Or Wait?....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I Buy Or Wait?....

    My dilemma is a tough one that I could would really appreciate other peoples views/opinions on...Having purchased what we thought would be our forever family home 9 years ago, we realised after about 5 years of living here that the area was not that good and we would not want to stay here long term, sadly although it's not awful it has gone down hill since we moved in and despite some new development which is supposed to lift the area we just don't feel happy here, therefore we decided we would have to move.

    Our home is a beautiful Victorian semi-detached property which we have lovingly restored(as it was a wreck) with a lot of blood, sweat and tears and lots of money over the last 9 years, if we could take it with us to a nicer area we would! But back to reality, we put our home up for sale about 4 months ago, the estate agent valued it at £300,000 and expected it to sell quickly over the summer, but despite it being a lovely house it took us 4 months and a change of agents to get an offer which came in a few days ago and was much lower than we hoped for, and we guess this is because it's not in the best area.

    The dilemma which is so upsetting is that now we finally have an offer we just can't find anything we want to move to, we made the decision not to view anything until we went on the market and have viewed some houses over the last 4 months none of which were right for us. Now we have been offered on we have been frantically searching and trying so hard to find something so that we don't lose our buyer who is keen to get things moving quickly so won't wait too long.

    Over the last 5 years since we realised we would have to move once all the work on our home was complete we have been trying to work out where we want to move to, doing pro and con lists, researching, having drives out there etc etc, we had a few different areas in mind, some about 30 minutes commute from my husbands work near a forest/sea area, and the other area nearer where we are now but in a much nicer location about 5 minutes commute from husbands work and an area I always loved as it was my childhood home, and I spent 19 years there, so it always feels like home to me.

    When the offer came in and the move became real I became very emotional and I realised that I really did want to move back to where I grew up, and I felt strongly I could not got to the other area 30 minutes away, so at least I now know where I want to move to and my husband realises he wants the same thing, the problem is there is nothing for sale at all in this village and from what I've now found out it has become really sought after.

    Now after a frantic few days of searching for a new house we had finally given up when we heard of one coming up, it's not an old house which we REALLY wanted and it's not in the village we want to move to(there is nothing there at the moment) however it is on a small development of homes built in the 80's just the other side of the village I love, SO WHAT SHOULD I DO? HANG ON WHERE I AM , LOSE OUR BUYER AND HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR TO SEE IF SOMETHING COMES UP IN THE VILLAGE THAT I LOVE, AND TAKE THE CHANCE THAT WE WILL GET ANOTHER OFFER ETC ETC, OR MOVE TO THE OTHER HOUSE THAT I DON'T LOVE AT ALL BUT IS NICE ENOUGH AND IS RIGHT NEAR THE AREA I LOVE, STAY FOR A FEW YEARS AND WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO COME UP IN THE VILLAGE(THE OTHER HOUSE WOULD BE MUCH MORE SALEABLE THAN OUR CURRENT ONE). ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT!!

  • #2
    Re: Should I Buy Or Wait?....

    Move to the other house or rent nearby until something comes up. The risk there though is if it is sought after you will have competition.
    If you stay where you are, something might come up but you may not be able to sell again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Should I Buy Or Wait?....

      Thanks for your input DRhouse, we had decided the same thing so put an offer in on the house which was accepted, then two hours after we had a call to say our buyer had pulled out as he was going bankrupt, of all the rotten luck hey...so we will now have to wait for another buyer to come along which I doubt will be until next year now, still onwards and upwards, I guess everything happens for a reason and maybe next year we may have better luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Should I Buy Or Wait?....

        Great news, we have now had another offer which we have accepted, and this buyer seems much more secure...so it looks like I am going to be moving near the village I love after all...fingers crossed!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Should I Buy Or Wait?....

          Excellent news. Good luck.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Should I Buy Or Wait?....

            Very strange..but now its a great news.!

            Comment

            Working...
            X